Sunday, January 6, 2008

Things #9



The Cool Cat Teacher blog is so well organized, colorful and packed with a great deal, perhaps too much, information. I read the Circle of the Wise. I agree. I need to surround myself with folks who are smarter than me, especially in techology.

The Blogline's Search tool seemed to work very easily. tried Mesquite ISD and found out that James Huckaby in risk management is now on a state board. Although several were similar, I think the easiest was on the Google Blog Search. Not surprisingly it functioned like a Google query search. When I tried mesquiteisd on the Google Blog Search, I found a very interesting post: Mary's post about us doing the 23 Things. It seems wonderful to be in the early phase of this type of training and to have the incentives in place to help me want to do this, and learn while doing, no while playing!

I added the Cool Cat Teacher blog and Suprglu. Candidly, I have not yet spent enough time exploring the responses I get from them in my reader to know which is the most helpful. Much like learning the collection of books in the Pirrung library, I believe that I will be better able to know what feeds satisfy my information "appetite."

The only other tools or ways that I found were being more aware of the RSS icons. It was good to get some repetitions of finding, selecting, and adding new feeds to my reader!

And finally, the picture really has nothing to do with this Discovery Exercise, but I saw this option on the message and thought I would give it a go. It went easily! Like other uploads, the picture file must be easily found for it to work easily!

1 comment:

mmw said...

When I subscribe to a new blog, I put it in a "new subscriptions" folder. After a month or two, I check to see how many posts from that blog I have actually read. If it's not many, I unsubscribe. If I'm reading a lot of them, it moves into my "must read" folder.