Saturday, January 5, 2008

Things #5

I feel a little like Gizmo in the Beetle Bailey cartoon. I have three computers running to do this. (Note to self: Learn how to make a split screen! :>) )
I have an account open in Flikr, have posted several pictures to it, including two tagged MISDLTP20. These are two pictures taken after the ceremony at the Pentagon. I asked my family to go with me to The Wall. We stood in front of panel 31E, Line 44. The name that Carol and I have our hands on is 2LT Gary Richard Clark, killed December 6, 1967. He was my OCS roommate for about 5 months, and he was a friend. He and Jan were going to spend Christmas together in Hawaii.
I have found that posting the pictures in Flickr is very easy. It's very much like posting a picture to the school or library web site. The only glitch I ran into was insuring I posted the pictures from the computer that had them in a file on it. Opening the account was easy, adding the tag line was easy. This was a fun "thing" to do!
I think that for my technology use base, it really helps that I am doing this away from the interruptions of the library. One day, I don't think that it will matter, but it does now! :>)

No comments: