Sunday, January 6, 2008

Thing #7

The following is the URL for my personal calendar. I only included one event in March to practice how the calendar works. It seemed easy enough. I plan on adding one to the school and library web page.

http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/lmetzler%40mesquiteisd.org/public/basic.ics

I also personalized an iGoogle web page. The initial set up went well. Then I tried to add a frame gadget and was unsuccessful in being able to import a picture into it. I tried putting them into a Picasa album. I copied them to another computer. Has anyone been able to add that gadget?

Setting up the Picasa was easy. I seem to remember that we had done that before. I put a bunch of different pictures from our tractor club Plow and Play Day.

All in all, this was a very helpful, informative, and wonderful "thing!" I have some students that I work with that I would like to be able to set up some of these things. Other than the parental permission, is there something that I should do?

No comments: