Saturday, January 5, 2008

Things #1

I want to learn a great deal more about technology.  As a 63 year old, I have come into technology, or should I say technology has come into, later in life.  My first introduction to e-mail was during my trip to visit the troops in Bosnia one Christmas.  My son had set up an e-mail account for the family.  Within about 20 minutes, I had sent an e-mail to him and gotten a return while I was in Hungary.  I was hooked.
I did my MLS on-line.  That furthered my abilities, but they are still very limited.   I am already having to set up another Blog site due to some glitch.  I want to become more proficient for myself and also for my students.  (I feel like I'm improving already!  I am posting this while in my recliner!  :>) )
I also want to learn enough that I could have a ministry for seniors in assisted living/nursing homes.  My ministry would be to help these dear people maintain contact with family and friends over the internet.

No comments: