Thursday, January 31, 2008

Things #21

This Thing helped me reinforce the session we had Podcasting for Librarians.  I think the most powerful feature is the ability to have the subscription service.  This enables the podcasts to be fed from the server at a time other than when the subscriber wants to listen/watch it.  The whole file is on the computer and ready to go.  There was an interesting diagram on the TeacherTube--Podcasting versus audio files that show the effects of "Freeing data from destination."  It showed one person who was connected to the net with a dial up modem.  The podcasts could be aggregated at a time that the person was asleep or otherwise not using the computer.  This would save a great deal of time.

I found an interesting podcast when I searched travel and Australia.  I was easily able to add it to my iGoogle aggregator, but was having some trouble putting it on my blog.  I may have been about the time for the scheduled maintenance on the blog.  I'll check it later to see if I can add it.  It was some Australian music that I found interesting.

I think individual podcasts available on the library page that showing how to find a book would be helpful.  I'm going to give it a try.  I did open an account at Odeo's Studio.  I'll see how it goes.

No comments: