Saturday, January 5, 2008

Things #2

I think that the hardest habit will be number 4:  Have confidence in yourself as a competent effective learner.  Because of my lack of exposure to some technology, I lack confidence in my ability to learn its use competently and effectively.  I have another struggle that is not unique:  I have many commitments that keep my schedule packed.  However, I know I can learn this stuff!  After all, I did use technology to complete an MLS on-line.

I think the easiest habit will be number 7:  Teach/Mentor others.  The things that will probably propel me to learn these new "things" will be the opportunity to teach some of my students.  I am already using the trading card website to help students conduct research at various levels.  It is even more exciting when I see students teaching others, also.

No comments: