Thursday, January 31, 2008

Things #6

I found using iGoogle maps and Flickr together was a great deal of fun. The pictures I used were from a tractor club plow and play day. I was able to use the the feature that combined the topographical map that also showed the road. The resolution from the topographical map was good enough that I was able to see the actual field where the event was held. (No, we were not seen. the satellite must have passed overhead and taken the picture before we were there!) :>)

I wonder what the students would draw to illustrate different images from The True Adventures of Charlotte Doyle at various locations in the book. Then the images could be scanned, loaded into a computer, then located on a map. The map would need to have her starting trip in England, the places on the voyage , the land journey to her home in America, and the final trip back to sea. I'm sure there are better stories that would lend itself better than this one, but hopefully I have been able to paint and understandable picture of this.

No comments: